Maintaining a fleet of vehicles is no easy task. It's time-consuming and expensive, yet we understand that it's a necessity. Routine maintenance is a far better option than getting a trucked towed back to the shop after breaking down mid route. KNOWING it's important is all well and good, but application in the field is where we break down as human beings. Clipboards go missing, checksheets run out, paperwork gets backlogged. Try as we may to stay on top of it all, getting buried is easy to do. To an old School manager, going digital can sound daunting or even unnecessary. But here is some points to think about that can appeal to anyone who deals with a fleet of vehicles.
- Easier to remember Kids got sick. Dog died. Roof collapsed. While the worries outside of work weigh on our minds, we may forget to fill out the check list for the morning. Paper checklists get lost and can be a hassle to keep track of. But smartphones are everywhere. They are also something we make a point to keep track of. When you leave in the morning, You look for 3 things; keys, wallet, phone. When you get to the office or yard in the morning and your alarm goes off to run the checklist, the checklist is in the same place as the alarm you are switching off.
- Faster to perform checks Switching to a digital platform with mobile hubs eliminates all the trappings of folders and folders of paperwork.
- Instant feedback Losing track of even a few days of checklists can hide the signs of major vehicle malfunctions later down the road. Data sent from a smart to an in-house network yield immediate results.
- Easier to coordinate repairs The benefits of being able to compare data from various dates lets you coordinate the rotation of repairs on the fleet for the best efficiency of time.
- Maintained vehicles are better for the environment Fuel-efficiency is a constant concern today. While vehicles are being produced to be more and more fuel-efficient, it is our responsibility to also ensure that the vehicles we have are in their best working order. With the time saved by switching to digital/mobile inspections, you save help save the environment by keeping your fleet in its best working order. In the end, a full functioning fleet is best for everyone and by switching to a mobile based system, you save the planet AND your bottom line.
Whip Around's mobile inspection checklist app for drivers carrying out DVIR is the most powerful inspection software in the world yet is is so easy to set up and use. Start a free trial now, no set up fee or credit card required (you have nothing to lose yet so much to gain).